Saturday, February 21, 2009

basic aid training

On Thursday at my school all the fourth graders learned basic aid training. First she told us the basics. Next we went and watched this really weird movie about 911 calls and practiced 911 calls with un plugged in phones. They gave us cards telling us what to call 911 for. For example you run a daycare in your backyard and a dog comes and bites 2 children. Stuff like that. Then we practiced mouth to mouth recepitation, ON DUMMIES! It was weird and hard but I think I did pretty well. Then we learned what to do if some body gets an electric shock. And severe bleeding. Then after lunch we learned about poisons. Then CPR. After that we learned what to do if you have a broken bone, nose bleed, and a bee sting. Next we went and watched a video about fires. and not to play with fire and how fire is made. Finally we went and did review. But it was ok because now I know alot more about first aid and we didn't have to do any school work that day!

2 comments:

Trace Engbrecht said...

THAT WAS FUN! (NOT!!!!!!!)

Anna Gray said...

That sounds horrible! I need to learn CPR myself, but ooh, almost a whole school day of just that....whew! I would be tired. I am actually home schooled. happy blogging!!!!!!!!

~A.G.~ :D :O :)