Sunday, January 25, 2009

The tale of a fire and a four wheeler



On Friday I spent the night at my friends house while I was there my brother called me and he had been at our grandma and grandpas for his special birthday weekend with them. So he called me and said he had gotten a four wheeler. I was so excited. At first I thought he was playing a joke on me but he wasnt joking. So I got really excited.
And then the next afternoon about 10 minutes after I was dropped, off my dad said he felt the house shake. So he went outside because he thought it might be like a plane over top of us. But then he saw black smoke coming out of our chimney(our fireplace was off). So he came inside and told my mom to turn the fernice off. We didn't think much of it untill my dad went down in the basement to check the fernice and after he took about five steps he yelled CALL 911! Now that really freaked me out! And my first thought was to get Grizzom so I went to grab Grizzom and he was running to hide under our kithcen table because everyone was screaming. And our basement door is in our kitchen so there was smoke coming out of the basement door and grizzom was running under the kitchen table and I grabbed him and my phone and ran outside in jeans a long sleeve shirt and socks but my mom and dad were still in there freaking out. By this time I was half screaming half crying. when my mom and dad came out my dad knocked on the neighbors door and told them that our house was on fire so they told me to come in their house while the fire fighters come. When my mom called 911 she called on her cell phone and it reached county. So it took the fire station like literally 10 minutes to get there. After a little while I went outside and they got the hose out and a big fan to get the smoke out. after a couple hours the cheif came out and told us everything was ok now and they would be done in a little bit. and they were rolling in the hose and everything. Then while the guy was talking to us he got something on his radio and then they started rolling out the hose again. They said some boards in the floor under our fireplace started on fire. and then after about an hour the fire fighters left. when we went in side things looked like this

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tilly- You have quite a story to tell. I'm sure thankful you were all safe and that your dad was home to be a hero. I bet your dog thinks you are a hero too!
- Lori